On 12/2, Jeanne Truax and Brian Collins wrote about this subject.

I have often wondered about this.

In 1961 we emigrated from the Netherlands to the US.
Before we left we paid visits to all our relatives. My uncle, on my mother's
side
had what now is obvious to me, a tremor in his right hand.He laughed about it
and attributed it to the tremendous amounts of coffee he consumed.
In retrospect it was pretty clear that he probably had PD.
It never was confirmed. He was the type of man who never sees the doctor.
Only a few years later he died of a heart attack.

I read somewhere that a genetic trend was found, where the gene was passed on
through the feminine side of the family, much like the genetic transfer of the
gene
that is associated with color blindness.
If this is so, the gene could have been coming from his and my mothers parents
and passed on to me through my mother.

I wonder if trends like this could be found in the large family that was the
basis of the find of the
inheritance marker that was the subject of a recent news release.

Will A. Kuipers          75 / dx '91