Dear Kees
You have a clever daugther!!
We all, Pwp and all other people, build walls when we have to protect
ourselves. The problem is if we forget that it is ourselves that build the
walls and we go on and believe that it is still neccesary to keep up the
wall.
Maybe it was good and neccesary at one time to build a wall as a way to
protect oneself, but if the situation after a while is another, then you
had better look out and if you can see it is changed, then remove the wall,
and know you have it as one of your ways to handle things and other people.
Also if the situation is changed for ever, well maybe it is better to come
out and look for what that can be used to.
Actually the wall has nothing with PD to do, but  is one way to cope with
life which says: I donīt want the hard things in life and right now I have
to protect myself from them. I donīt like  to accept that life can also be
so hard. And if life shows up to be so hard, then I put up my wall, in this
way I accept it, and in another way I donīt confront it. If it has anything
to do with PD, then it is that PD is another of these damm hard things in
life you have to cope with.
You must be proud to have a daugther who says out loud what you yourself
know inside. Shows you one way to be more flexible withs ones wall, and she
formulates herīs wishes to have her father step out and show her ways to
handle the difficult things in life, which you already have done a lot,
since she is grown up so clever!
On the other side she is also pointing on your own wishes to go out and
dare be open and loving and vulnerable and have good relationships. And at
the same time knowing that lions maybe are waiting in the bushes, so
remember your gun and be prepared for a good hunt!

Well, it often takes one to know one.
Svend