One of the reasons that these natural remedies "appear" to work is that when
people start taking the natural stuff often their whole lifestyle changes.
For example, I have some relatives that take this super blue green algae and
strongly believe in it.  So maybe it is a matter of believing.  Once they
put their faith in it and all it is is a food that is supposed to be full of
nutrients and vitamins such as asodopholis and other vitamins such a Q10.  I
also noticed several other things about these relatives, all of a sudden
they were eating better and exercising more.  It was as if the Algae had put
them into a health food mind that also required exercise.  So maybe it is a
frame of mind and a matter of believing in "something".  All the algae is is
a food that is supposed to help make you feel betterand more energetic, not
cure anything, but several people who have taken swear that it has at least
relieved them of their symptoms.  But like I said it is a frame of mind.  I
once remarked at the fact that they were exercising more and eating better
and could that be it instead of the algae?  I was immediately told that it
was because the algae gave them so much energy that they were able to
exercise so I let them be.  Maybe the stuff works, maybe it doesn't.  They
were healthier than I had ever seen them and if it took believing in the
Algae to help them I wasn't going to interfere.
And no Brian, I am not promoting the stuff, nor do I sell it.  :)
I just used it as an example.
Laurie