Barbara:

I agree with your response to Ron Amos 100%.

Key phrases in his letter are a giveaway that he's probably interested in
something other than helping PWPs.

"incredible break through"   If it's so "incredible" and it's really a "break
through" why hasn't it been reported in the press and by the medical
community?

"for several people"  Does this mean that only a few select PWPs out of the
one-million-plus in this country will benefit from this? Doesn't sound like
much of  a "break through" to me if it only helps a few.

"that time may be now"  Sure, and my two-year-old granddaughter is going to
win the Texas Lottery and give me $50 million.

"for those friends interested"  Usually, this is the place where I learn
about the great deal my "friend" Ron wants to offer me and how much it costs.

"I will share 'Two Exciting Testimonials' from two gentlemen who are
experiencing tremendous long-term results."  How generous of Ron to "share''
these with us. Note that he --- like most sales people promoting questionable
products --- is a heavy user of adjectives.

A big question: If whatever Ron is hawking is such a "break through" in the
treatment of a disease as complex and devistating as Parkinson's, why does he
have only two testimonials? An even better question: Does he have any
documentation about laboratory testing under controlled circumstances. . .
any documentation about testing in humans . . . any articles written by
medical professionals.

(NOTE: Ron, if you're reading this, I'll play editor for a few seconds. My
rule of thumb: If I'm planning to use a word several times in a letter or
story, I'd better spell the damn thing right. In my dictionary,
"breakthrough" is one word. Minor point, but I'm sure our librarian, Marjorie
Moorefield would agree. It's annoying to the reader.)

Don't look now, but I bet in the near future you can find Ron showing
"before" and "after" videos in an infomercial on cable or satellite TV. Try
searching for it around 3:00 or 4:00 am.

Stan Houston
Cat Spring, TX 78933