Hi Kees,
I have been reflecting on Natasja's "Wall" and wondered if I had been
subconsciously  erecting walls, as well. I don't believe I have been.
I noticed that all of the people who responded to your posting were men (at
least, I think so) and I wondered if men, by conditioning or predisposition,
are more likely to build protective walls than are women.
I know that when I was diagnosed with PD, my husband's first response was,
"Don't tell anyone."  His reasoning was that my handicap was not as yet
noticeable, so I should protect myself from other people's questions,
possible pity, etc. by keeping quiet.
My response was that I didn't want to build walls between myself and my
friends and relatives.  I didn't want people wondering what was wrong with
me, if they saw a tremor or slowness of movement. I didn't want them to be
afraid that I would be upset if they asked about it.
Perhaps women are, by nature, more interested in breaking down walls and are
more open than men.  (I realize that this is a generalization and certainly
not true in every case.)
I think Natasja showed wonderful insight and creativity in her report.  As a
former teacher, I would like to say that she deserves an "A".
Mary Sheehan