Thanks for the e-mails.  A couple of people have asked me to expand on my
information  on  preventive or alternative  medicine.and what I've learned
about mercury toxicity and candida/intestional integrity.  When I found I
 had PD (symptoms- loss of right arm swing, difficulty in writing, voice
volume tapers down- early stages)  I learned that maintream neurologists
couldn't offer me anything but periodic check-ups (watching and waiting for
symptoms to worsen so a prescription can be written)
One did recommend joining a gym which is something I have done & recommend.
 Also I suggest you  have your dental fillings evaluated by a "mercury-free"
dentist.  Mercury is more toxic than lead and has been banned in Sweden &
Germany.  The American Dental assoc. feels there is no danger from amalgam
fillings.  They should last 15 years they say.  Mine were put in when I was a
child and I'm 54.  I'm sure I'm not the   only one who hasn't had their
fillings changed 3 times by now.  It's been expensive to get  rid of all the
amalgam safely.  I required many crowns.  Also receiving DMPS chelation to
get rid of the high level of mercury found in my urine.
                                            Another tidbit that I've just
become aware of is a link between Candida that causes a problem in intestinal
integrity or a "leaky gut" and PD.  A neurologist by the  name of Putterman
gives seminars on the subject.  My doctor has  his video.  He has linked
other ailments besides PD-  MS, Lupus, Arthritis.  I plan on getting a copy
of the video but I did write down his list of  recommended treatments for PD.
 Here it is:  Bowel detoxification (I start next week, don't know a lot about
it), hepatic upregulation, L-Dopa restriction, EDTA Chelation, DHEA, NADH,
OPC 85, Vit B12, Ginkeobiloba.  I don't know what half of the items are.
 NADH? OPC 85?  Perhaps others on the Internet know.  I will ask my doctor
next visit.  Doing something to slow PD down keeps me optimistic.  Hope I've
inspired you and you will investigate some of these ideas yourself.  Share
your experiences with me.  I'm not a nut grabbing at weird treatments.  I'm a
registered  nurse who hasn't been happy with the prescription writing doctors
who treat the symptoms.     Regards,      Kathy