Samantha--I'm replying to the list about your "netiquette" query, as it
may interest others also.  In general, if you just want to say"thanks"or
"I agree" or "Hi' or"what's your state?" etc. to ONE person, and the
subject/answer could be of no use/interest to others, don't use "reply"
but address the message to the person offlist. We tend to forget this, and
wear out the DELETE key! :-(   There are times when the post may have more
general interest, or when you may have rec'd a number of helpful responses,
when a "reply" to "all of those who...." is a good idea.(You can include names
if you like). Of course, we do want to know when info shared is helpful, so
it's a judgment call and just use your best sense of what's appropriate in
 a given situation. I'm glad that the lists are serving to help you both
in the adjustment to a major life change--stay connected!
Camilla Flintermann,CG for Peter 78/7,Ohio