Thank you Barbara Patterson for your warm welcome to the Parkinsn list.  I
have been reading the list for about a week...and am beginning to feel more
comfortable among you.  My name is Jeanne and I was diagnosed with PD about
six months ago. Needless to tell you, I was in a state of shock.  In
hindsight I should not have been for my mother and brother both had
Parkinsons before me.  I am so curious to know if that situation is unusual
as several doctors have told me PD is not a familial thing.  After seeing a
neurologist for about five months I suddenly received a card from him
saying he was leaving his practice.  Strange, as I had an appointment with
him just two weeks prior. It was frightening to feel alone and set adrift.
One has to be strong in these situations and so I set about looking for
someone new to connect with.  After attending a seminar put on by the
Parkinson's Institute in Sunnyvale, CA, I felt braver and have made an
appointment for next week to go there and have my situation evaluated.
Sinemet and Eldepryl are the meds I am taking now.  It is very interesting
to read from all of you your experiences with these meds and to learn of
others. Thanx for being out there!

Jeanne Truax