----------
Mary Rack wrote (on 11/21)...It will take several days at least for any effect to be noticed.  Diane McH, was it your dad who started on this a week or two ago?  How's he doing?

Sorry for the delay in responding.  I've been busy at work, and finally working my way through an overflowing in-box.

Dad hasn't started the Zyprexa yet.  Mom was concerned about making too many changes at once, so we've been doing the phased approach.  He stopped the Eldepryl and Symmetryl on 11/9, and Mom switched him to "regular" Sinemet (instead of Sinement CR)  Nov. 19.   The plan was to let him adjust to those meds, then add Zyprexa if necessary.  He didn't conform to those plans, however.  He was admitted to their local hospital on Nov. 22.... stiff, angry, etc. etc.  Last Wednesday (11/27) he moved from the neurology wing down to rehab... for at least 2 weeks.

He's doing better, but I suspect it will take some serious convincing to get Mom to add another medicine to his regime!

Thanks for asking... sorry you got the long answer.  I'll let y'all know how he does on the Zyprexa, if and when he starts taking it.

Diane McHutchison
Englishtown, NJ

Long distance caregiver for Dad -- 69/6+