        May I introduce my husband, a PWP, and myself, his caregiver. Lane
and I are both retired public school teachers. Several months ago I lurked
on this list, and I have a notebook of relevant printouts for our use. When
we left on a long trip I dropped the newsgroup. However, we are home again,
and I find much that is helpful here.
        Lane was diagnosed in 1992. The neurologist said he thought we were
"about mid-way into this disease" at that time. In September our
neurologist said Lane had reached the maximum good with his Parkinson's
medications--a blow to us, indeed. He freezes when trying to get his feet
moving and lurches dangerously. He falls occasionally, but he is always
close to falling when walking.
        Perhaps some of you can give us some information. Lane suffers from
dry mouth. Consequently his teeth are needing a great deal of dental care.
We know there is an artificial saliva substance, but we can't remember its
name or how we might acquire it. Your information would be helpful. Thanks.
        And thanks for the caring and giving of information in this group.
We are most appreciative.

Madge Hislop caregiver for Lane  63/4

Madge Hislop, caregiver for Lane 63/4