Dear all,

I am as new to the Internet as I am to this list so please forgive and =
correct any blunders I may make.

My name is Dennis Greene and I live with my wife and daughters (9+16) in =
Perth, Western Australia.

I am 47 years old and have been diagnosed with PD for 10 years.  I experi=
ence a pronounced "on-off" syndrome, which takes me on a daily roller-coa=
ster ride from nearly normal (as I remember it) to playing statues in bra=
dykinetic  splendour.  Points along the way include varying degrees of di=
skinesia, and a particularily unpleasant distonia associated with the sif=
t from 'off' to 'on'.

I hope to have a Paladotomy early in '97.

Until 2 yrs ago I was still holding down a position in retail management.=
  To-day I work from home as a technical writer.  This allows me to pace =
myself and work when I am capable.

Living with PD is a war of attrition.  I find the last 6 lines of Tennyso=
n's poem 'Ullysses' a great aid to keeping me in the right frame of mind:

                Tho' much is taken, much abides; and tho'
                We are not now that strength which in old days
                Moved earth and heavon;  that which we are we are;
                One equal temper of heroic hearts,
                Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
                To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield

Thanks for reading this,

Dennis Greene