1. Does anyone know anything about a neurologist in the NYC area named David
Bidel?

2. My father-in-law crashed rather badly last Saturday and was hospitalized
with his normally low blood pressure at 240/140. Rigidity is extreme and he
was unable to move at all.  Evidently my mother-in-law tried to help him up
to urinate in the middle of the night.  She says he was totally unable to
move and then fell and was not able to help her help him up. She says he is
extremely rigid and he seems to be having problems swallowing. I spoke with
Dr. Bidel this morning and I am told they have not figured out the blood
pressure which although it has been lowered with medication, has continued
to fluctuate. Dr. Bidel tells me that focality is reduced today and there is
some flattening of his right side. Bidel says if my father-in-law can't
tolerate the medications...Sinemet and Palladil, Amantadine (He has a
history of becoming EXTREMELY confused anda hallacinatory with those drugs)
there is not anythiong else to help him.  He is also on Hytrin for a
prostate problem.  Any wisdom out there?

My father in law is 80 and has always had a quick mind and a puckish sense
of humour.  It has been horrible to see him so confused by the meds...and at
least as of this week they don't seem to be helping his movement.

Lynne Curtis Gudes
"Common sense isn't."