You seem as surprised as I was, but in reading the General Mortality
Rates, I did discover that  people do die and have the cause of
death listed as PD.  When I found those Obits. in Newspaper &
Periodical abstracts, I rather dismissed them.  But how can one
dismiss the" General Mortality Rates of the Vital Statistics of the
United States."  BTW it is published by the U.S. Department of
Health and Human Services-Public Health Service-Centers for Disease
Control and Prevention and the National Center for Health Statistics.
These books are available for use by the public, free of charge, at
any library who has a Government Depository Collection.
I did make one error in typing, "Numbers after causes of death are
category numbers of the Ninth Revision International Classification of
Diseases, 1975"  Not 1995 as I typed--Sorry!

If in 1991, 7,455 Doctors in the U.S. turned in the cause of death as PD,
Then I think, we as PWP, need to rethink this whole thing.  Especailly
when everyone says "Well, at least its not fatal"  I'm the world's worst
about saying that myself!!!!!!!
It certainly was fatal to 7,455 persons in 1991.

I will give the whole citation, so it will be easier for you to look up.
Vital Statistics of the United States,1991, Volume II-Mortality Part A,
Section 1-General Mortality-Page 230--Table 1-24. Deaths from 282
Selected Causes, by Month: United States, 1991-Con. (page 3 of 6)

As Ever,
Marjorie Moorefield
just another librarian
(with PD)