Just a little anecdote that might be of interest - when I lived in Cyprus in
late 1960's, I met an old monk named Father Damianos, living in a mountain
monastery. He was said to be over a hundred years old, and remembered as a
boy holding the horse of the Turkish tax-collector who came to his village.
(Turkish rule of Cyprus ended in 1878). He obviously had Parkinsons - strong
tremors, and very weak quavery voice; but was still mentally alert, able to
get around with a walking-stick, and participated in church services! He was
a wellknown "personality", and enjoyed telling his recollections. I don't
know whether he received any treatment for his Parkinsons. He was still
alive in 1971, when I left Cyprus.
So "Parkies" can live to over a hundred! Maybe the mountain air and the
monastic life helped?

Margaret Hayon