I may have missed part of this thread, so if my answer is redundant,
please forgive.

I have a FAX program which displays the faxing progress at the lower
right of the screen.  This is no problem on my WIN3.1 desktop; but my
new laptop runs WIN95 and the fax box is hidden by the WIN95 taskbar.
I asked one of my "guru friends" about this and he advised me:

1. Go to "Start" and choose "setup".

2. Select "taskbar"

3. Check the box marked "Auto Hide"

This will cause the taskbar to "disappear" from the bottom of the
screen.  If you move the mouse cursor to the bottom of the screen,
the taskbar will magically re-appear, and you can use it.  Once you
move the cursor off the taskbar, it will "disappear" again.

Give it a try.

Best,

Bob

ROBERT A. FINK, M. D., F.A.C.S.
Neurological Surgery
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, CA  94704-2636  USA
Phone:  (510) 849-2555   FAX:  (510) 849-2557

WWW:  <http://www.dovecom.com/rafink/>

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"