Thought that was a good title, since I want to say two things.

1.Thank you to Judith Richards for the information about the "Sex, Love and
Chronic Illness" by Lucille Carlton. How generous of Lucille to give the
royalties to Parkinson's Research.  I have made a note of the ISBN number.

2. To Laura & Michael Rogers.
On Swimming or rather aquarobics (as it is called in Oz). We started some
special aquarobics classes for PWP and their partners/friends/family.  At
first the classes were held after working hours, but as our participants
stopped working, we changed to a daytime group. At first, my husband found
the Parkinson's classes too slow for him, so he also went to a regular
class for a bit more of an aerobic challenge, as well.
Now that he is having coordination problems, he sometimes finds the regular
class a bit too fast paced for him (I often look across - when I am
swimming nearby- and see him looking a bit bewildered and trying to figure
out a new routine. This makes me feel sad, and he feels a bit of a dill, I
think.)
Now he really prefers the Parkinson's class because it does a full range of
stretches and the instructor really understands the range of ability in the
class and also knows about PD itself.
I should add that it was extremely difficult to get these classes up and
running.  As you can imagine, most PWP had to be cajoled into coming, but
once there, they love it.  In fact a little support group, under a
different guise has been formed.
What I am getting around to saying is that it is important to find the
right sort of aquarobics class for your mother-in-law.Your m-i-law could be
easily put off by a class which is not suitable for her.
I don't know about your area, but we also have different levels of
aquarobics and many of the over 50's classes would be suitable for a PWP.
We have classes run by physiotherapists and these are under a free
community physio scheme, and are free, except for the pool admission.
Incidentally, when we started our first group of aquarobics, we had a
fourth year physiotherapy student take the class. It was a great match: we
were able to teach him a lot about PD and he was young, enthusiastic and
was a great joke teller.
Good luck anyway, and if Dennis, Beth, and Robyn are listening here, our
aquarobics classes are finished for the season, starting again in Feb. when
school goes back.
So hope to see you along then!
Best wishes
Joy & Bob Graham