On Sat 07 Dec, George Lussier wrote:
>         Dear Buck Rogers,
> ,       Dear Buck,
>         Dear John,
>
>         Dear Brian Collins,
>
>              So, Brian, re:The lights...A misunderstanding..."...So we had
> better sort out who!" [Ijust love the explanation point!]  Ok Brian, so
> draw!..... I must confess it was I or me who misunderstood what Buck meant
> when he said that his lights came back on.

Hello George,  I'm sorry if you felt that I was a little too agressive with
my exclamation mark and I would like to explain why I used it in this case.

The first point is that I was concerned that as we were offering advice to a
fellow PWP (a responsibility which I an sure we both take seriously), we
did not want to get into an escalating argument based on a misunderstanding.
So I jumped in early (and it seems a little heavily.)

The second point is that you may have noted that I tend to make greater use of
punctuation marks than most people writing on the net. This is not done to
show off, but because I believe that when dealing with the sort of subject
that we do, it is most important that we communicate clearly (and concisely).
Don't forget that to most of you I am a 'foreigner', and there is some truth
in the old joke about two countries divided by a single language.
    So, there you are, George. If an occasional exclamation mark jumps up and
rattles your teeth, I hope you'll agree; it's a small price to pay for clarity
(!)

Regards
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>