   Dear reader,
      Part 2,a.   An idea. Just an idea I wanted to float before you eyes
and minds. I just got off the phone with a friend who happens to be a
Physical Therapist with many years of experience and who is an excellent
teacher. I asked her if she could give me a half an hour a month to answer
some questions raised by the listserv. The whole process would be conducted
off-line  and it would be
via e-mail.Generally I would be her sponsor and I would collect the
questions from you guys, share them with her, and be responsiable for her
getting back to you.Some system would need to be developed
to deal with what to do when there are too many questions,inappropriate
questions and the issues of liability would need to be examined etc.  My
friend responded with a tentative yes . I have another friend who is a
clinical social worker who I will ask.Both of these friends are on the net.
In a couple of weeks I plan to ask my Neurologist who is very protective of
his time and I might even ask my insurence company's Case Manager.

   The plan would be to collect a couple of dozen names with varied
professional backgrounds and set up a schedule as to when these people
would be available. No member of this listserv could be a HCP,a conflict of
interest. Lots of questions but is there any interest??

     Part 2,b  A couple of comments. First I found a wonderful example of
what a partnership could be all about in an posting from Svend Andersen who
was sharing the program for the Third Euroyap meet in 9/97,   [Parkinsn
Listserv.12/4/96] "Instead of acting only as an authority,the
doctor,neurologist, Physiotherapist ect becomes more of a consultant to the
patient, who very much takes responsibility...."     "The conference gives
the researchers and the patient a possibility  to debate and to inspire
each other"........."The patients have the subjective knowledge.....the
researchers have an objective knowledge......the goal of the
conference........obtaining a good quality of life dispite the disease"  A
must read.
                A second comment.On the same side of the issue is our
response to the questions raised by Brian Black whose neuro had troubles
listening to Brian's wife. I was delighted that nearly every one who
responded shared their experience of what seemed to me to be a dialog with
their Neuro in order to solve a communication problem. Best to talk before
you walk unless there is nothing there.

     Part 2,c. The search for information regarding Telemedicine continues
but I must admit that the issues are many and complicated. Some of the
issues include:
           State Licensure Laws
           Medicare funding
           Licensure Barriers to the interstate use of Telemedicine
           Telemedicine and medical malpractice
           State vs.Federal regulation of Telemedicine
           Electronic medical records
           How to access these services
      But I'm convinced that the difficulity is less for the potential
Patients and more on the Industry/ states rights/insurence
industry/regulators etc. Soon I will be calling on some of you to lend me a
hand as we try to put some edges on this issue. Hello there!

    My very best
    GJ LUSSIER      [[log in to unmask]]
         NTGAE