Copied from HUMOR digest - keep smiling!

                ********************

Date:    Fri, 6 Dec 1996 07:53:17 GMT
From:    Jim Moore Jr <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Gifts from Above

                Gifts of the Gods

The Gods gave us fire, and we invented fire engines.

They gave us the Spring rains, and we made umbrellas.

The Gods blessed us with sunshine, and we made curtains.

They gave us gentle cool breezes, and we knitted sweaters.

The Gods filled the skies with birds, and we made shotguns.

They furnished the seas with fish, and we manufactured nets.

The Gods gave us untold numbers of forests, and we made lumber.

They gave us flowing streams and rivers, and we built huge dams.

The Gods gave us blue skies, & we developed ways to pollute them.

But worst of all, they gave us love, and we had to invent marriage.