Hello all

Suraiya is not doing very well these days. She is experiencing severe
on/offs and is depressed quite often. She also has had hallucinations at
times, hearing voices. She has tried to contact her neuro, even written
letters... he has not replied. She had had a meeting with him at the end of
this past Summer and recommended that she try Tolcapone which will be
available sometime next year. He told her that the sinemet was probably not
working optimally. She is getting frustrated and anxious. Last year, he
recommended she look into having a pallidotomy, but things seemed a bit more
positive at the time and she was worried about the risks so she decided to
stay with her present regime (at that time).

She is now considering pallidotomy as an option again. She will be meeting
with a surgeon sometime in the next few weeks. She has been reading up on
pallidotomy and making a list of issues for herself. Can anyone offer any
issues or question to look into or ask the surgeon? We are trying to be
thorough (perhaps too thorough), but we don't want to overlook anything.

In the same note, we live in Montreal, Canada and does anyone know the
reputable hospitals for pallidotomies. I am not sure of the health insurance
issues, but we are looking into it.

Thank you in advance.
Deanna