Dear Janice, There have been many attempts to find an environmental
cause of PD. The big problem is to find out who HAS PD. Many object
to surveys because they are jealous of their privacy. Even if they
agree, running a survey costs big money and has to compete against
other research priorities. There are of course many pesticides and
other toxins known to cause nerve damage, and  some, e.g., manganese,
carbon monoxide, MPTP, specifically cause parkinsonism, but no
common and pervasive culprit has been found. The best result so far
is a weak correlation of PD with rural living and drinking well water.
That certainly doesn't apply to most of us.
Cheers,
Joe

J. R. Bruman (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road