On Fri 06 Dec, Mark Alexander Hirsch wrote:
> Dear Listmembers, I have been a member of this list for 3 years (I think)
> and have been following the debate on exercise and Parkinson's with great
> interest! In the last post or two there was discussion concerning the
> effects of exercise on L-Dopa utilization in the brain and blood
> stream/muscle metabolism and I have a few articles on this.
> Here are some citations for those interested in learning more:
>

> Carter et al. (1992). The effect of exercise on levodopa absorptition.
> Neurology, 42, 2042-2045
>
> Goetz et al. (1993). Blood levodopa levels and unified PD rating scale
> function: With and without exercise. Neurology, 43, 1040-1042.
>
> Burleigh et al. (1995). Step initiation in PD: influence of levodopa and
> external sensory triggers. Brain
>
> Hope this sparks some more debate on this very important and
> controversial topic.
>
> Mark Alexander Hirsch, Ph.D.
> Johns Hopkins University
> School of Medicine

Hello Mark,   Your intervention in the debate on exercise and L-dopa was timed
to perfection, and the papers which you list look fascinating. Unfortunately,
I have failed completely to access any of them, despite calling in some high-
powered help. I assume that  'Neurology' is just that; i.e. not the American
Journal of... or anything like that?  I would appreciate it if you could
suggest some way that I can aquire copies of the papers which you list
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>