Milton E McLain <[log in to unmask]>
wrote  <<<<PD Status:  1st symptoms - 1989; diagnosed - 1993; currently
                Stage I
        Medications:  Eldepryl, 5 mg/day;  Artane, 2 mg/ 4 times a day
                (just discontinued); Permax, 0.25 mg/ 3 times a day
        Main Complaints:  Tremor right arm/hand; makes writing
difficult;
                right leg gait affected, no tremor there.

QUESTION:  My doctor recently switched me off Artane and on to Permax
(pergolide).  This was about a month ago.  At this point, I am less than
thrilled with the results.  The tremor is not improved - may even be
worse.  Also, I seem to be experiencing a "slowness of movement" since
beginning Permax that was not there before.  Any comments from you out
there?>>>

my opinion is that you are not taking the best medicine - levodopa.
Suggest to your doctor half a 25/100 carbidopa/levodopa 3 times a day
half an hour before meals - take with small amount of low protein food;
A prune or handfull of cheerios and bran, or a few plain crackers.
--
ron      1936, dz PD 1984  Ridgecrest, California
Ronald F. Vetter <[log in to unmask]>