George,=20
You said in part...
>I can speak from the viewpoint of someone who has had both sides of my
>brain done via unilateral Pallidotomies; the right side done in August =
1995
>and the left side done some 12 weeks ago. By and large I've done very =
well
>but there are some residual problems including my speech.=20

Thank you for your frankness, but there seems some conflict between the
above quote and the heading "~Not OK".
I take it that you were not operated on by Dr Iaconno.
Do you really mean that you felt better off before you had the second
side done or do you mean that the additional bilateral improvement  has
been more than offset by your loss of intelligibility  ?

We live in Australia.   Margaret is going to be done by a local
neurosurgeon who has studied  under Dr.  Iaconno and who says he is very
impressed by his work.  The stimulation you mention is going to commence
here sometime next year by someone else.   It shouldn't be as costly as
in the US,  but initially it will be inevitably experimental.
=46urthermore, as our neurosurgeon pointed out, permanent wires leading
into the brain could become a channel for infection or other problems.

We are certainly  taking a very close look at  the available
procedures..

Mark.
=20

Mark  Atyeo