Liz, you wrote,,,,,,,,,,,

>Hi Margaret:  I love the Desiderata also and have it on the wall above my
>computer.  According to my plaque it was "found in Old Saint Paul's Church,
>Baltimore; dated 1692.......

As I recollect (which means there is a LOT of room for revisionist
interpretation) the Deserata was written in the 19th century. The "dated
1692" was part of the verbiage of the document itself, and not the actual
date when it was written.  Either that or it is part of the instruction book
of Liz's computer, which is kind of old. {:-)
                                                                    Peace, John