Mark Alexander Hirsch wrote: <<<I have been a member of this list for 3
years (I think) and have been following the debate on exercise and
Parkinson's with
great interest! In the last post or two there was discussion concerning
the
effects of exercise on L-Dopa utilization in the brain and blood
stream/muscle metabolism and I have a few articles on this.
Here are some citations for those interested in learning more:

Carter et al. (1992). The effect of exercise on levodopa absorptition.
Neurology, 42, 2042-2045
Goetz et al. (1993). Blood levodopa levels and unified PD rating scale
function: With and without exercise. Neurology, 43, 1040-1042.
Burleigh et al. (1995). Step initiation in PD: influence of levodopa and
external sensory triggers. Brain
Hope this sparks some more debate on this very important and
controversial topic.>>>>

Is some portion of the information available on the internet? locating
neurolgy journals is not so easy for some.

Perhaps there is a review of the research findings in that "area" of
research work.   Thank you for participating.

I find some pertinence in the lack of use of my feet and legs relatively
to be pertinent to the foot cramps and occasional spasms that seem
responsive to  levodopa in my instance - and the article in the currrent
AARP Bulletin regarding RLS and another thing or two.  The levodopa
prescribed for RLS and dystonia may be peripheral nerve "nourishment"
that is improved by vascular increase in the leg, calf, and foot
muscles. The liquid accumulation of lower extremities is sometiimes
blockage of veinous flow and there can be lymphatic fluid blockage
swelling also.

any comments regarding these?
--
ron      1936, dz PD 1984  Ridgecrest, California
Ronald F. Vetter <[log in to unmask]>