Lynne -  my husband (78) uses a rubber sheath fitted over the penis,
attached to a tube and plastic urine-bag; it is put on when he goes to bed,
and removed in the morning. Here it's called a "Penerus"; maybe has
different name elsewhere. He used to get up about 4-6 times a night, but can
now stay in bed all night. It is simple to fit, and no risk of injury.
Another solution I've heard of is self-catheterisation; but David's
urologist advised against this, because of risks of injury and infection.
Another solution: plastic bottle; but preferably if someone else is
available at night to empty it between uses, to prevent spillage.

Hope this helps.      Bets wishes,  Margaret Hayon.