> Judy, if you come up with any interesting results, please forward to
> me. I have a student working with me and we're going to try to come up
> with a presentation on nutrition fraud on the Internet for next April.

Here are a few. If you need more just e-mail me.

     National Council Against Health Fraud (NCAHF) Home Page
     (Evers opinion - Will become THE source for information on food
     and nutrition quackery)

http://www.primenet.com/~ncahf/

Food and Nutrition Web Sites
compiled by Bill Evers at Purdue University

http://www.mother.com/agaccess/FoodNut.html

     USDA Team Nutrition Schools

     Food and Nutrition Information Center (FNIC)
     Part of National Ag. Library

     Food and Drug Administration's Center for Food Safety & Applied
     Nutrition

     Consumer Information Center

     USDA food composition tables and other information
     At the University of Maryland at College Park inforM system

     National Food Safety Database
     Located at the University of Florida

     International Food Information Council(IFIC) Foundation

     The Nutrition Expert Telephone Counseling Service
     Registered dietitians group

     Dietetics Online
     Registered dietitians group from America OnLine

     The Kansas State Nutrition Page
     Developed by a student at Kansas State

     F & N Digest - Kansas State Extension foods and nutrition
     newsletter

     Professor Geoff Skurray's Food & Nutrition Information Center for
     Advanced Food Research University of Western Sydney(Hawkesbury)
     Interesting information and links to other sites in Australia

     Veggies Unite!
     Veggies Unite is run by Yvette Norem and hosted by the Honors
     Division at Indiana University.

     Food Chemical News Main Page

     National Council Against Health Fraud (NCAHF) Home Page
     (Evers opinion - Will become THE source for information on food
     and nutrition quackery)
----------------------------------

Arizona Health Sciences Library

http://hinet.medlib.arizona.edu/educ/nu-con.htm

                      Consumer Information

     Human Nutrition Web
     Spanish version of human nutrition and other information.

     National Council Against Health Fraud (NCAHF)
     Information about food and nutrition quackery, court proceedings,
     fraudulent practices and practitioners.

     US Federal Trade Commission
     Useful information and tips for consumers about dubious products
     and practices often encountered on the Internet.

     Consumer Information Center
     Good Health Web offers how to check food labels, recipes from the
     Black American Chefs, and many how tos, plus seafoods.

     Food Allergy Network (FAN)
     Allergy alerts about food products online.

     FDA statement on Olestra

     How to Increase Food Fiber in Your Diet
     Textual information.

     Mayo Clinic's Health Information
     This source is for the general public.

     Wellness Interactive Network
     Includes healthy topics such as weight management and nutrition,
     wellness, fitness, cancer, women and health, and others.

     NetWellness
     Ohio Valley Community Health Information resource for TriState
     citizens. Includes 10 electronic books, 7 health literature
     indexes, thousands of consumer pamphlets, several directories of
     health professionals nad services....

     Wellness on the Web
     Cardiovascular problems, menopause, stress, prmenstrual syndrome,
     weight loss, and ancient Hawaiian healing art are included.

     Nutrition Expert Telephone Counseling Services
     Supplied by a group of registered dietitians.

Nutrition and Dietetics Internet Resources

http://www.sju.edu/THE_INTERNET/SUBJECT_AREA/WEB_SITES/dietetic.html

Home Pages: Fast food stops on the WWW

from Dayle Hayes, MS, RD, Co-chair ADA Technology Task Force

     American Dietetic Association
     Dietetics Online
     International Food Informtion Council (IFIC)
     National Council Against Health Fraud (NCAHF)
     The Virtual Hospital
     Vegetarian Resource Group(VRG)
     Veggies Unite!
     Dole Food Company
     Cordon Bleu Cooking School
     Hershey's Chocolate
     Fat-Free Home Page
     Health Care Financing Administration
     US Department of Agriculture
     National Agriculture Library
     Food and Nutrition Information Center
     Healthy School Meals
     Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition
     Consumer Information Center
     National Food Safety Database
     NCI International Cancer Information Center
     Medical Matrix
     American Medical Informatics Association
     Online Clinical Calculator
     Med Search America
     Oncology information
     Renalnet (Renal Information)
     Food and Beverage Professionals
     Santa Clarita School Food
     Kansas Extension F&N Digest
     The Nutrition Expert (Stephanie Fignon, MS, RD)
     Mary Donkersloot, RD
     Kim Hansen, RD
     Ask the Dietitian

Last Revision: June 19, 1996
http://www.sju.edu/THE_INTERNET/SUBJECT_AREAS/WEB_SITES/index.html

------------------------------------

Healthcare Publications
For Consumers

 http://www.ihr.com:80/publcons.html

Developed and maintained by Internet Health Resources

This page contains information about both online and hardcopy
newsletters, magazines, and books with practical healthcare
information for consumers. The publications are listed under their
appropriate subject areas. Please note that we have added dozens of
book reviews below.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
_/                                                        _/
_/        Central Supply & Services                       _/
_/        (Internet Training and Research)                _/
_/        PO Box 57247, Jackson Stn.,                     _/
_/        Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, L8P 4X1              _/
_/        John S. Walker                                  _/
_/  Email [log in to unmask]                          _/
_/        "To Teach is to touch a life forever"           _/
_/         On the Web one touch can reach so far!         _/