Brian C.Black wrote:

> Hello Fellow Parkies!
> I have been lurking for a while reading all the fascinating material that
> comes into my home via this network, and trying to find the time to
> respond.  The other day my wife and I went to an appointment with my neuro.
> All went well except his treatment of my wife.  Basically, he ignores her.
> She tries to ask a question,  and he almost pretends she doesn't exist.
> This makes her feel  frustrated and  angry.  She wants to understand what
> is happening to me.   As my wife it would also be supportive to her if he
> asked her questions and addressed her as well.   I feel we would both
> benefit if he made her feel more knowledgeable and accepted, she says she
> is not going to go with me anymore because of this.  Does anyone out there
> have this problem, and if so what have you done about it?  We are thinking
> of changing doctors.  Does anyone have a recommendation in the London,
> Hamilton, Toronto area?
> Thanks for any suggestions or help.
> Brian Black

Dear Brian:
        My recommendation is that you change doctors ! The neurologist I deal
with talks not only with me but also makes sure she gets my wife's
opinion on my health. She treats us as a team. It is very important that
your spouse be there. Your both in it together. Things are much better
if you both talk to the doctor so there are no doubts about what was
discussed. If you e-mail me privately I'll give you her name etc.
--
John Rogers