Hello All -

Barbara Patterson suggested that I post an introduction to the list.

I am a personal trainer and teacher of Alexander Technique.  In the last
year, I have had the opportunity to work with several clients who have been
diagnosed with PD.  I am also a professional modern dancer, so my approach to
fitness training has always been from a movement perspective.  This has
worked well for my clients.  One person has virtually eliminated her tremor
and has greatly improved her overall physical condition - she is now 74 years
old.

I am interested in new research, information about the brain as it relates to
PD, autoimmune considerations, any studies involving exercise or movement
training.  I am also hoping to find a way to create a study of the effects of
movement training on the progression of PD.

That's a brief summary.  I look forward to sharing information with the folks
here.

Best regards,

PG