I posted some statistics last week and have done some more research
this week and I'd like to share it with you. I used the 1990 book this time.

First, let me say to those who haven't read this before.  All these statistics
are from the book "Vital Statistics of the United States 1990, Vol.II-Mortality
Part A".  It is a joint publication of the U.S. Department of Health and
Human Services, Public Health Service, Centers for Disease Control and
Prevention
and the National Center for Health Statistics.

Cause of death:  Definition:
Cause-of-death classification---Since 1949, cause-of-death statistics
have been based on the underlying cause of death, which is defined as
"(a) the disease or injury which initiated the train of events leading directly
to death, or (b) the circumstances of the accident or violence which
produced the fatal injury"

This definition from:
Section 7-Technical Appendix-Page 8
Parkinson's disease (#332)

Deaths:  All Races, both sexes :  7,254
             All Races, Male:            4,244
             All Races, Female         3,010

 White Male: 4,042        Female   2,876

 Black Male:    146        Female:       99

 All Others:
           Male:    202        Female:     134

These statistics from:
Section 1-General Mortality-Page 134-Table1-23. Deaths andDeath Rates for
each cause , by Race and Sex, United States, 1990.
I will post more tomorrow. Please keep these statistics, if you are interested,
as I also have statistics for each state in the U.S.A.

As Ever,
Marjorie Moorefield
just another librarian
(with PD)