Our experience with neuro has been very similar to Martha Rohrer's. Peter
insists that I go in to the office with him, and we always prepare ahead
by writing in our notebook the questions we have, things to report, etc.
Our neuro, who has not always been a good listener, once proclaimed to our
support group that he wanted to have the family involved, and we take him
at his word!  In fact, we'vegot him almost too well trained now, in that
he often talks to ME as if Peter weren't there, and I have to keep Peter
"in the loop" of the discussion. (P. often says  he's so slow in responding
that listeners get impatient, or assume he's not saying more.)  The last few
visits, we both noticed that the neuro listened better, and was more receptive
to our suggestions--but he still doesn't "do e-mail" .
I would encourage all CGs to be part of the action, and that PWPs who have no
regular CG cultivate a friend who can accompany them to appts. If the neuro
objects, that's his/her problem! You're ENTITLED to the best communication
possible--and it's your money, too!
Camilla Flintermann,CG for Peter 78/7,Ohio