Well said, Kathy. My fear is that the final decision could be made by a
worker at an HMO computer terminal! Think about it: "This "Jones" person
has cost us  a lot of money, and according to the printout, is past
middle age, and only has a few kids...we could save THOUSANDS of dollars
if we put him out of our..I mean HIS misery before the end of this fiscal
month." If anyone thinks that is not a possible scenario, let me know the
last time your employer, or whoever provides your medical benefits sent
you a letter about improving or giving you MORE coverage, or REDUCING
your expenses for whatever coverage you have? Maybe in dreams, but not in
real life. Anytime I see an envelope from the "Human resources" dept, I
get nervous. If HMO's were such a wonderful idea, they would not need to
spend millions of dollars in advertising, to convince them how great it
is to have a lesser choice of medical providers, and possibly have to
pass local hospitals to travel miles to the nearest approved facility!
The worst part is gagging the doctors right to suggest further treatment
and tests. ANYTIME the bottom line of a financial report is considered
more important than the best possible medical care, I feel it is immoral.

[OO] LOOKING FOR RADIOS!
Ken Becker