Dear listfriends,

I like to add a nr 4,5 and 6 to Jeremy's first list:

>Suggested routine is to:
>1. do a full backup of your hard disk once a week.
>2. get a COUPLE of virus search and clean packages: e.g. F-PROT & NORTON
>ANTI-VIRUS and run them once a week, just before doing the backup.
>3. make a CLEAN boot disk on a floppy, and write-protect it.

4. Install two or more virusshields. They check every incoming file.
5. If you load a diskette, be sure it is write protected. A virus likes to
load some info from your machine.
6. Update your virusscanners monthly. They are available on the net.

Maybe there are more suggestions?

Kees Paap

P.S. two other good virusscanners are : MacAfee (the latest version is
always available on the net) and Thunderbyte.