On the other hand, if the HMO would just let the doctors do what they are
supposed to do, including the decision of how long the patient needs to
be hospitalized, and what treatment is needed in the best interests of
the patient, they could SAVE millions of dollars spent for advertising,
lawyers, lobbyists, and salesmen. If I were an employer and an HMO could
save me money, while PROTECTING the health and well being of my
employees, and giving them good value in health care, while giving them a
choice of doctors, I'd be happy to give that HMO my business.  Some of
them have gone in the other direction, and given the whole industry a
black eye. I am not a doctor, lawyer, or employer by the way, just an
employee of a company, so my concern is affordable and quality health
care. I have seen the distress caused by the HMOs to PWPs and it is very
distressing.

[OO] LOOKING FOR RADIOS!
Ken Becker