[log in to unmask] wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone has seen any interesting, useful cookbooks which
> would be useful for the PWP. Low-protein, not low-fat

Debbie, I've not seen any; however, if you call Balance Nutrition, they
can send you a one-sheet "menu planner" that shows how to maintain the
7:1 carbohydrate:protein ratio. They use their drink, soups, and bars
througout the day, but also provide suggestions for other meals. A
sample breakfast:
1 poached egg
1 English muffin
1 tsp jam
1/2 grapefruit
8 oz juice
coffee or tea (optional)
1 tsp sugar

sample lunch:
Ham sandwich made with 2 slices whole wheat bread, 1 oz ham, 2 tsp
mayonnaise, 1 lettuce leaf, 1 slice tomato, 12 oz glass juice, 1 piece
of fruit.

Sample dinner:
Pizza - cheese or veg - 1/4 of a 12" pie
Tossed salad w/2 TB Italian dressing
3 bread sticks
2/3 cup zucchini
16 oz soda
Strawberry shortcake: 1" slice sponge cake, 1/2 cup strawberries, 3 TB
whipped cream

It also includes tips on nutrition, weight gain if needed, and exercise.
The Hearty Balance products can be used part of the time, for
convenience, and the people at Balance Nutrition tell me that Medicaid
will cover the cost of the products.

Happy holidays to you and your mother!
Kathrynne

--