Rita:

Ohhh, Rita, m'dear... I DO believe all you Indianans know your own folklore...
even the correct origin and definition of the word "Hoosier."  HONEST....

But DARN.... I'm a "reference-book-aholic and after seeing post after post
with everyone presenting what they believed to be the correct information, I
got an attack of the OTHER disease I suffer from:  It's called "Curiousity
Syndrome."

Sooo.. there I was, suffering TERRIBLY, and I decided the only way to stop
suffering was to medicate myself.  My "medicine chest" is well stocked, and i
immediately found to my dismay that both Websters and Random House dismissed
"Hoosier" with "Resident or native of Indiana."

Thar's IT?  That's ALL there was listed for the great state of Indiana?  Why
Rita... HOW could I let it go at that, I ask you?  I dug out the CD with
Microsoft's Great Books series on it, popped it in the CD ROM drive and
WOWIE... it had all kindsa neat things about Indiana there.  Uhhhhh...which I
spared you from being subjected to. <grin>

There ya have it, Rita... the whole thing.  My posting that information -
assuredly false and prolly written by some nerdie techie-type working in
Redmond, WA, as a Microsoft programmer (Naaaaaaw!  No PROGRAMMER would ever
get THAT creative an answer) - is just a medical treatment to subdue the
symptoms of my second disease, "Curiousity Syndrome."

PLEEEEEAZE  forgive me, Rita and all Indianans, resident or otherwise.

Barb Mallut