Dear SJS

You wrote in part:

> My critique, I hope you understand, was not meant to be a personal attack
> nor to pick a fight; it was, and is, intended as a commentary about
> sensitivity and methodology. I agree that there is a place for a sense of
> humor in communicating about this subject -- but, sorry, I don't see much
> humor in requiring the solving (especially by those who are afflicted) of
> riddles before a donation of funds can be made.

As an 'afflicted'  person who loves cryptic crosswords,  scrabble,
TV quiz shows, radio quiz shows, pub quiz shows, and any activity that
allows me to use my still 'un-afflicted' mind as apposed to my rather
uncooperative body,  I would like to point out that my only objection to
Mr Severance's quiz was that I hadn't a clue as to the answers.

I am sure your comments were made in all good faith, but perhaps a little
sensitivity  mighty be called for on your part

While we have each others attention, can I as a Parkie, acknowledge
the debt we owe our carers.  My wife leaps to my defence against all
comers, as thank God, you obviously do for your Parkie. Just remember
though, we're on your side.

Dennis.

Dennis Greene