Ralph Reichert wrote:

> Edith (63) has mostly tremor-type PD for 19 mos.; on Eldepryl 10mg daily.
> Lately also began Artane on neurologist's advice. Began with 1 mg/day and
> built up to 2 mg 3 times daily over 13 days: on this "maintenance dose" for
> 6 days now. Sofar we see little/or no improvement in tremor; some memory
> loss & dry mouth & insomnia.
> She's also tried to decrease Eldepryl dose, alternating 5 & 10 mg/day,
> without help.
> For those who've experienced Artane:
> How long should it take to see improvement in tremor before deciding to
> drop Artane?
> What other meds have been helpful (she refuses to try Sinemet- fear of side
> effects).
> All helpful advice will be much appreciated.    Ralph

Ralph I take L-dopa with benserazide (similar to Sinemet but not the
same composition.It  is called Madepar in England I believe) with no
apparent side-effects.One have to take the rigth dose for each case.In
my case I am taking 100 mg of L-dopa per day for about 2 years without
problems to be much concerned about..Besides from what I have read
everywhere Artane and other meds do give much more side effects than
L-dopa. I sugest both of you consult at least two more MD in PD and see
what they say.

Good luck and success.

--
   +----| Joao Paulo de Carvalho   |------ +