Just a short response in the body of your mail.

On Mon, 16 Dec 1996, Dale Severance wrote:

> More Thoughts for a Rainy day
>
> What have I done today to help myself and others with PD ???  have I :
>
> 1. Taken my medicines timely
> 2. Said some kind words of appreciation to my CG and family
> 3. Called or spoken to a lonely friend
> 4. Worked on a PD project
> 5. Completed my exercise program
> 6. ????

        6.      Recited my affirmation/s - such as the Keller quote below
(which has inspired me enormously since I first read it just yesterday.  I
was telling my darling daughter about it, and about your mail in general,
Dale, and tho' I was having a 'good' day, it totally cracked me up and we
ended up having a little weep together over it, and the cruelty of this
damned disease that brings us together in this strange, strange way.)

                                OR

        6.      Spared a thought for those PWPs who live alone, so have
no caregiver to share the little things of the everyday - who wake
without the need to speak, and tell silent pictures goodnight before
facing those long dark hours alone.  (3. may cover this, but is p'raps
not specific enough - can PWPs assume priority on your list?)  Oooh.  I'm
so lucky.  I have a dear friend to stay for a week and I'm treasuring
every moment.

> Fill in  an answer for #6 and prioritize the six thoughts  It is ok to add
> additioinal thoghts if you want to adopt other peoples comments. When we are
> thru we should have , a list of  deeds that we can hold forth as our goal for
> the day.

I just cannot prioritise these thoughts ... yet.

> Helen Keller     "One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to
> soar."

Dale, your mail is so good for me.  Thank you.

Beth Leslie