Marjorie Moorefield wrote:

> Also, can anyone tell me how to get rid, and I mean permanently,
> of unsolicited advertising from my email?

Hi

the following was published in a
german computermagazine from a reader (Marco Steinbach)
with the same problem.
He returned the e-Mail with the following text:

        'By US Code Title 47, Sec. 227(a)(2)(B),
        a computer/modem/printer meets the defini-
        tion of a telephone fax machine. By Sec.
        227(b)(I)(C), it is unlawful to send any un-
        solicited advertisement to such equipment.
        By Sec. 227(b)(3)(C), a violation of the afo-
        rementioned section is punishable by action
        to recover actual monetary loss, or $500,
        whichever is greater, for each violation.
          I will report any further violations from
        your site, which I get knowledge of to

This seems to have worked for him.

( from c't 1/97 page 8 )

good luck with buttons and all