Over a year ago (summer of '95) there was some discussion on this list
about a speech therapy program for PWP called the Lee Silverman Program,
which was developed by a hospital or university in Colorado.  It is a
intensive month-long four-day-a-week program.
I expressed an interest and someone last January had a person named Karlene
Hall mail me a list of speech therapists (all with the initials CCC-SLP
after their names,whatever they mean).  I was not in a position to
undertake the program then, but I am now.  However, the name provided me
that was at all convieniet is no longer at the hospital where she had
provided this therapy.  A therapist I spoke to there never heard of the Lee
Silverman program.

- Has anyone had any experience with this program?
- Does anyone know where I could find out where I could find a therapist?
- Any other comments about speech therapy in general?

I do not yet belong to any support groups and have never spoken to another
PWP so I do not know if my speech problems are common or not, but they are
surely real for me.  The worst is not the constant, "what," "what did you
say"'s.  People are now stopping to even try understanding what I'm saying.

I don 't think an archieve search would be useful.  I haven't seen it
mentioned here  since 1995.  Thanks.