At 01:29 am 18/12/96 -0500, John Morey wrote:
>Judith, my message was an attempt to keep things light and fluffy through
>humor, of which I have an odd sense.  A girl friend told me I had..... But
>did I already say that, George??

Hi John,

It seems to me our modern technology, wonderful though it is, is one of our
problems. During a face to face conversation, I would recognize a twinkle in
your eye, or a slight smile, but on the computer screen it is often
difficult to recognize the inflection in a statement. I couldn't tell that
you were just joking about not knowing the meaning of balderdash. I know the
people who created the board game called Balderdash, and when the game first
appeared they told us many people did not know the meaning of the word.

While on the subject of misinterpretation, Kathie T. wrote in response to Nigel:
>This might explain the "Parkinsonian personality"....all my PWP friends
seem to have a very high tolerance emotionally and functionally for stress,
frequently career related. All seem to have above-average ability to focus
and concentrate. Maybe this quality has backfired on us???<

I took this to mean that her friends NOW have a high tolerance for stress.

>This is an interesting observation, but most PWP that I know, myself
included, have a very LOW tolerance for stress. I had a high pressure job,
and was able to handle stressful situations very well. One of the first
indications that something was not right was my loss of this ability to
handle pressure. I have also noticed since being diagnosed, that my
ability to focus and concentrate has diminished.<

After reading Nigel's post, and your response to Kathie, I believe there was
some confusion. My experience seems to support the theory put forth in
Nigel's post.

:) Now that I have you all thoroughly confused, blame it on my blood brain
barrier. (:

Judith