Bryce, you wrote.... PD affects brain chemistry--
>does PD also chemically cause depression?

Yes, but I'm not sure of the mechanism. Use altavista search engine to get
to medscape, register for medline, click onto Medline, and search for PD and
depression coupled.  You will get all the info you need, and a lot more.

>What drugs are typically prescribed for this
>type of depression?  Prozac......

 The drug of choice is now Zoloft, I believe. It gets to the necessary blood
plasma levels much quicker than Prozac and doesn"t have the bitter after
taste of Welbutrin.
                                        Peace, John