Since we are now a huge group, let's be careful to weigh our messages before
we send them.  If you are thanking someone for a message sent but have
nothing new to add to it, send your message directly to that person.  (Above
all, don't press the reply button, thus repeating all of message number one
before your message begins.)

If you are in a chat-room mood, note who is responding to your chat and send
the message to one of them with copies sent to the others.  (Or set up a chat
room devoted to your subject.)

I respect the fact the different people come to the group with different
needs and interests.  But too much playtime chatter does crowd out members
with other needs.

                                                     Sara Thomas