From:   PARKINSN: Parkinson's Disease - Information Exchange Network on behalf
of will johnston
Sent:   Wednesday, December 18, 1996 10:10 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        Re: Two ideas:

At 12:22 AM 12/19/96 -0500, you wrote:
>While reading some of the  posts here, two ideas came to me, please feel
>free to discuss, amplify or tell me they are worthless, but MAYBE one or
>the other could help with PD.
>Idea one: why can't sinemet be put into extra thick capsules, and be
>taken at one time during the day, some capsules could be twice as thick,
>some three times, to ensure they melt hours later and distribute the
>contents..

To no. 1.

Your stomach & other innards process contents too rapidly.  Ldopa is
absorbed almost entirely in  the first few feet of the small intestine.  If
one tied  a string on it and pulled it up part way every hour, it might
work.  Sounded good but, alas..

2 If radiation can be beamed into the brain without incisions, to treat
>cancer, why not do the same, to perform a non-invasive palidotomy?? I am
>willing to take any criticism, but if thee is merit to either idea,
>please someone, get it into the right place to become useful!
>

>[OO] LOOKING FOR RADIOS!
>Ken Becker

WILL JOHNSTON   4049 OAKLAND SCHOOL ROAD
                SALISBURY, MD 21804-2716
                410-543-0110
Pres A.P.D.A.  DelMarVa Chapter