Judith wrote:

>I took this to mean that her friends NOW have a high tolerance for stress.

>>This is an interesting observation, but most PWP that I know, myself
>included, have a very LOW tolerance for stress. I had a high pressure job,
>and was able to handle stressful situations very well. One of the first
>indications that something was not right was my loss of this ability to
>handle pressure. I have also noticed since being diagnosed, that my
>ability to focus and concentrate has diminished.<
>
>After reading Nigel's post, and your response to Kathie, I believe there was
>some confusion. My experience seems to support the theory put forth in
>Nigel's post.
>
>:) Now that I have you all thoroughly confused, blame it on my blood brain
>barrier. (:

Well, what I meant was that they (we) USED to have high tolerance for
stress, now of course we're total wimps. I started crying the other day when
a cop gave me a parking ticket at the airport. He was a real meanie,
hollering at me for parking at the drop-off zone, I said "Sir, I was gone
less than two minutes, I had to help my mother." He said if I had to help my
mother I should have parked in the lot. I said "I can't walk that far this
early." Looking for my sticker he said "Are you handicapped?" I said "No, I
have Parkinson's disease." Then he almost started crying and said "My Dad
has Parkinson's disease......" (I still got the ticket.)

Anyway, I don't bemoan short term memory loss anymore, because I can't
remember why I was so mad a minute ago. Life's a lot easier with no grudges
and no enemies.

Kathie Tollifson