>I seriously believe that my problems are stress related.  Not only does
>stress decrease the ability of the braiin to keep unwanted chemicals out,
>but it also increases the very chemicals that cause neurotransmitter
>imbalance.  Any comments, with references??

John,

Frankly I've never been able to understand why all us PWP's have the same
sort of life outlook until that study this week about stress compromising
our BBB's. I told my neuro once "I think us parkys just fry our brains out
with too much stress for too long..." He replied "You're not far off." Apart
from the fact that most of us can point to at least one neuro/chemical
crisis in our lives, I wonder if most of the people alive today can't also
cite a neuro catastrophy, but don't have PD... I find myself in the company
of some of the finest, most creative thinkers I've ever met, all of us
trying to find a way out of neuro-hell.

The most encouragement I've had lately was in my recent research on the BBB
(which was sparked even more by the study report), I encountered a R & D
company that specialized in BBB research. I'm always interested in a risky
high-profit potential stock, so I looked further, to discover that this
group had recently formed a private limited partnership to fund theiir
latest research, and the publicly owned company only had an option to buy
the outcome....meaning (I deduce) that they think they are very close to a
profitable breakthrough, and want to keep the big bucks themselves. Much as
I dislike it, I think human greed is a pretty reliable thing, so I take that
maneuver as a real good sign.

Let's hope...

Kathie