Hi Barbara Duffin-Bates <[log in to unmask]>, you wrote
>Lately, on occasion, particularly after supper when he
>is tired, my husband has this odd speech problem.  He
>will talk to me, but his selection of words will not
>make any sense.  Sometimes, he loses the thread of
>what he is trying to say too.  This never lasts longer
>than a few minutes, but it is very distressing to me.
>Has anyone else out there experienced this phenomenon?
>
>He is 56 and was diagnosed 12 years ago.  He did have
>an MRI recently but we have not yet received the
>results.

I get that problem sometimes. For example, I had to go into hospital for
some tests last year, and the doctor asked what illnesses I had had.
After I told him, he then asked if I had had any operations. "Yes, I
said, quite a few". What were they? he asks. My mind quite numb, and I
said, "Oh, you know, the usual childhood ones". What was operated on? he
asks. "Oh, my stomach", say I, then realise I am talking gibberish, 'cos
my stomach is totally scar=free! He didn't seem surprised when I told
him that was rubbish, but that I HAD had a tonsillectomy.

Also, when I am "off" which is rarely severe, I find my attention span
is much shorter, so I tend to opt out of conversations and let family
discussions just wash over me.

I'm not sure whether it is simple ageing or PD! However, these problems
were SIGNIFICANTLY increased when I was taking pergolide!

Jeremy (58/11)
--
Jeremy Browne - [log in to unmask]
Shaking Hands BBS - +44 (0)1252 626233 - Fidonet 2:252/160