Hi Allan Rosenberg <[log in to unmask]>, you wrote

>>From the time she started on the Permax she has had periods
>(mostly at dinner and with people around) when she can not get the food
> to her mouth, loses her ability to speak and simply sits there with
>the fork poised in mid-air.
>Slowly she ultimately can finish. The neurologist feels it is not a
>side effect of the Permax but associated with the PD and anxiety.

Since I had very similar effects while I was taking Pergolide, and they
went away immediately I stopped taking it, I suspect your neuro is
talking through his fundament!

:-)

Still, the proof of the pudding ... Insist on her switching to another
agonist, such as Ropinirole (which I now use with ZERO side effects) or
Tolcapone or Entacapone. If the problem goes away, then perhaps your
neuro could update his database!

--
Jeremy Browne - [log in to unmask]
Shaking Hands BBS - +44 (0)1252 626233 - Fidonet 2:252/160